Welcome to the Preschool Yellow Room
Thank you for choosing Northstar Montessori! Our hope is that your child’s time at Northstar will be some of the best memories of their lifetime!
About the Yellow Room
Hi! I am Miss Vikki and I am one of the Lead Teachers in the Yellow Room. I would like to welcome you to Northstar Montessori. Miss Sarah and I are looking forward to meeting all of you and beginning a new school year together. We want every child to feel comfortable as they begin this new adventure and we are confident they will thrive in our Montessori community. Montessori is unique in that it focuses on the child, not only as an individual, by building on their strengths and encouraging them to rise to a challenge, but also builds community, confidence, communication and leadership as they choose their own work and communicate with one another.
We hope to support these goals in our classroom:
- The joy of learning
- Security and curiosity in learning
- Build on a strong foundation for future growth
- Offer positive interactions and compassion for others
- Independence in learning and everyday tasks
The Montessori Curriculum is intentionally ordered for learning and life skills to build upon one another and to help each child develop a positive attitude toward school and helps each child develop self-confidence as an independent learner. Tasks are arranged so that each new step is built on what the child has already mastered. Success after success builds up an inner confidence, assuring the child that he/she can learn by himself/herself. This confidence, in turn, strengthens the child’s emotional growth.
Some of the foundational skills we will be working on include:
- how to put their work away where they found it
- how to tidy up after themselves
- the importance of helping a friend in need
- the importance of respecting the materials, the teachers and each other
- how to tuck in their chair when they leave the table
- how to walk in the classroom
- how to be self directed and find their own ‘work’ and most importantly,
- how to be independent!
We believe that communication is extremely important, so please feel free to send a message through the Procare app or Send an Email below.
We look forward to helping your child grow and enjoy their Montessori learning experience. We are here to nurture and guide them every day and we are committed to making their preschool experience stimulating and fun! Thank you for choosing Northstar!
Yellow Room Teachers
Ms. Pari TeacherRead More
Hello, My name is Pari. I love working with kids, teaching them new things, and playing with them. I believe each child is unique and love to see them grow.
Drop Off/Pick Up Information
All parents are asked to sign their child in and out using the computers in the vestibule or the QR code at drop off/pick up point and a personal cell phone.
Drop off (by 8:45 am)
- Drop off before 7:45: Children can be dropped off in the lobby.
- Drop off after 7:45: Children can be taken directly to the playground.
- Children can take their belongings with them.
- Parents will sign children in on computers in the vestibule.
Pick up information
- Children can be picked up from the playground or their classroom door around back.
- Pick up after 4:00 or Inclement weather: Children can be picked up on the playground.
- Children will have their belongings with them.
Please remember to sign your child out on the computer or with the QR code