Welcome to the Preschool Purple Room
Thank you for choosing Northstar Montessori! Our hope is that your child’s time at Northstar will be some of the best memories of their lifetime!
About the Purple Room
My name is Ms. Laura and I am the Lead Teacher of the Purple Room. I'd like to extend a warm welcome to all of our returning families as well as our new students. September is always a time of excitement, yet with that comes anxiety and nervousness for many children. My assistant, Ms. Lucia, and I will do our best to ensure the transition is as seamless as possible and ensure that each child feels loved, respected and safe.
The Learning Environment
A Montessori learning environment is like no other … our main objective at Northstar is to provide a carefully planned, stimulating environment which will help children to develop within themselves the foundational habits, attitudes, skills and ideas essential for a lifetime of creative thinking and learning.
Respect and courtesy in our Montessori school is the foundation for everything we do and each child will soon learn the following important skills:
- how to put their work away where they found it
- how to tidy up after themselves
- the importance of helping a friend in need
- the importance of respecting the materials, the teachers and each other
- how to tuck in their chair when they leave the table
- how to walk in the classroom
- how to be self directed and find their own ‘work’ and most importantly
- how to be independent!
I believe that communication is extremely important, so please feel free to send me a message through the Procare app or Send an Email below.
We look forward to helping your children grow and feel empowered. We are here to nurture, support and guide them each and every day and are committed to making your child’s Montessori preschool experience productive, stimulating and fun! We are honored that you have chosen our school and we are confident that this will be a wonderful year for everyone involved!
Purple Room Teachers
Ms. Lucia TeacherRead More
Hello my name is Mrs. Lucia, I have had the honor of being a part of Northstar Montessori since 2019.
Drop Off/Pick Up Information
Parents are asked to wear a mask at all times.
Drop off information
- Parents are asked to wear a mask at all times and to drop off by 8:45
- Children dropped off before 8:00 can be dropped off in the lobby.
- Children dropped off after 8:00 can be taken directly to the playground in the backyard.
- Children can take their belongings with them.
- Teachers will take the children's temperatures and in to wash their hands.
- Parents will sign children in on computers in the vestibule.
Pick up information
- 12:30 and 3:00 pick up: Teachers will bring the children to the lobby as quickly as possible.
- Parents can chose to go around back to the child’s classroom
- Pick up after 4:00: Children can be picked up on the playground.
- Children will have their belongings with them.