Northstar Montessori wants to ensure the success of each child enrolled in our school. Since every child is unique, every child’s learning style is different and we recognize that Montessori may not be right for every child, or every family.
Because of this, we have created an enrollment process to help us get to know each child a little bit before a family enrolls.
New Students Enrollment Steps
1. Click HERE to Register Your Child
2. Call 734-944-9300 to Schedule a Tour
For New Students & Children Moving into a New Classroom
Please call 734-944-9300 to find the best time to visit.
All families must visit the school facility prior to acceptance. Northstar Montessori has an “open door policy,” which means that families and visitors may drop by at any time, but we do require all guests to check in at the office. One of our staff members will be happy to offer you a guided tour at any time, but if you would like to see our school at specific times in our schedule, such as during work time or music time, please let us know in advance.
3. Watch Your Email for Enrollment Paperwork
Returning Families Steps
Each August you will be asked to update your information:
- Sign in as a Returning User
- Click the Edit button on the row with the child’s name.
- Make any changes required.
- Update the signature date field.
- Click the Submit button.
New & Returning Students Health Appraisal Form
In addition to the above, please complete and submit the following health forms:
- Your child's most recent health appraisal form signed by a pediatrician.
- Your child’s vaccination records or waiver
- Please submit both documents via the secure drop box
- Please keep all paperwork up to date; it is a best practice to ask your child’s doctor for an updated health and immunization form at each doctor visit and submit it via the secure drop box to keep our records updated.
Tuition & Fees
- A deposit of ¼ of your monthly tuition is due prior to the first official day of school
- A registration fee of $150 annually is also due prior to the first official day of school
Reserving a Spot
To Reserve a Place for Their Child/ren, Parents Must:
- Complete the Online Registration Process
- Tour the Facility
- Schedule a Visit to Review Completed Paperwork
- Submit Application Fee and Deposit.
Once our school is full, prospective students may be placed on the waitlist in the order their completed applications are received. Parents must complete the application process up to and including turning in forms and paying the non-refundable $150 Registration Fee in order for their child to be placed on the waitlist.
Like any institution, we do have paperwork that must be filled out prior to your child starting school.
A new student packet will be provided to you upon enrollment that outlines many of the items we need, as well as a student handbook. Once you are enrolled, you will also have access to our Parent’s Corner section of our website, where you can download forms, enroll online and get our announcements in your inbox.
Many of the required forms include:
- Student Application
- Parent Expectation Form
- Tuition Agreement
- Health Appraisal Form
- Child Information Form