Northstar Montessori wants to ensure the success of each child enrolled in our school. Since every child is unique, every child’s learning style is different and we recognize that Montessori may not be right for every child, or every family.
Because of this, we have created an enrollment process to help us get to know each child a little bit before a family enrolls.
New Students Enrollment Steps
2. Call 734-944-9300 to schedule a tour
For New Students & Children Moving into a New Classroom
Please call 734-944-9300 to find the best time to visit.
All families must visit the school prior to acceptance. We have an “open door policy,” which means that families and visitors may drop by at any time, but we require all guests to check in at the office and they will be given a guided tour by a staff member. If you would like to see one of our schools at specific times in our schedule, such as during work time or music time.
3. Complete the Registration Form
Create a username and password to use for all children in your family.
- Complete all fields relevant to your child.
- Enter your full name in the electronic signature field at the bottom. This is a legal signature.
- Enter the current date.
- Click the Save Progress button at the bottom.
- After entering all information, you MUST click “Submit” for the registration to be complete (please note this is a legal document and signature)
How to Register more than one child
- Sign in as a Returning User with the family username and password
- Click the Start New button
- Follow the instructions above
Returning Families Steps
Each August you will be asked to update your information:
- Sign in as a Returning User
- Click the Edit button on the row with the child’s name.
- Make any changes required.
- Update the signature date field.
- Click the Submit button.
New & Returning Students Health Appraisal Form
In addition to the above, please complete and submit the following health forms:
- Your child's most recent health appraisal form signed by a pediatrician.
- Your child’s vaccination records or waiver
- Please submit both documents via the secure drop box
- Please keep all paperwork up to date; it is a best practice to ask your child’s doctor for an updated health and immunization form at each doctor visit and submit it via the secure drop box to keep our records updated.
Tuition & Fees
- A deposit of ¼ of your monthly tuition is due prior to the first official day of school
- A registration fee of $100 annually is also due prior to the first official day of school
Reserving a Spot
Parents are required to;
- Tour the facility
- Do the online registration
- Schedule a visit to go over all completed paperwork
- Pay the application fee and a deposit.
Once our school is full, we place children on the wait list in the order their completed applications are received. You need to go through the application process up to turning in forms and paying your deposit to be placed on the wait list.
Like any institution, we do have paperwork that must be filled out prior to your child starting school.
A new student packet will be provided to you upon enrollment that outlines many of the items we need, as well as a student handbook. Once you are enrolled, you will also have access to our Parent’s Corner section of our website, where you can download forms, enroll online and get our announcements in your inbox.
Many of the required forms include:
- Student Application
- Parent Expectation Form
- Tuition Agreement
- Health Appraisal Form
- Child Information Form