Northstar Montessori wants to ensure the success of each child enrolled in our school. Since every child is unique, every child’s learning style is different and we recognize that Montessori may not be right for every child, or every family.
Because of this, we have created an enrollment process to help us get to know each child a little bit before a family enrolls.
1. Enroll Now!
2. Call 734-944-9300 to schedule a tour
All families must visit the school prior to acceptance. We have an “open door policy,” which means that families and visitors may drop by at any time, but we require all guests to check in at the office and they will be given a guided tour by a staff member. If you would like to see one of our schools at specific times in our schedule, such as during work time or music time, please call 734-944-9300 to find the best time to visit.
3. Complete the Registration Form
Create a username and password to use for all children in your family.
- Complete all fields relevant to your child.
- This form is a legal document. Enter your full name in the electronic signature field at the bottom. This is a legal signature. Enter the current date.
- Click the Save Progress button at the bottom.
- Upon completion, you MUST click the Submit button for the document to be legal.
How to Register more than one child
- Sign in as a Returning User with the family username and password/
- Click the Start New button.
- Follow the instructions above.
Each September you will be asked to update your information:
- Sign in as a Returning User
- Click the Edit button on the row with the child’s name.
- Make any changes required.
- Update the signature date field.
- Click the Submit button.
4. We will need: Health Appraisal Form
- Your child's most recent health appraisal signed by a pediatrician.
- Your child’s vaccination records.
Submit health and vaccine records to the office or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Parents tour the school and meet with Tami
- Child comes to class for a minimum of 30 minutes to meet with teachers
- Enrollment decision is made
- Enrollment fee and all forms completed and turned in
- Deposit paid
Reserving a Spot
Parents are required to;
- Tour the facility
- Do the online registration
- Schedule a visit to go over all completed paperwork
- Pay the application fee and a deposit.
Once our school is full, we place children on the wait list in the order their completed applications are received. You need to go through the application process up to turning in forms and paying your deposit to be placed on the wait list.
Like any institution, we do have paperwork that must be filled out prior to your child starting school.
A new student packet will be provided to you upon enrollment that outlines many of the items we need, as well as a student handbook. Once you are enrolled, you will also have access to our Parent’s Corner section of our website, where you can download forms, enroll online and get our announcements in your inbox.
Many of the required forms include:
- Student Application
- Parent Expectation Form
- Tuition Agreement
- Health Appraisal Form
- Child Information Form