Welcome to the Toddler Orange Room
Thank you for choosing Northstar Montessori! Our hope is that your child’s time at Northstar will be some of the best memories of their lifetime!
In the Montessori Toddler classroom, we provide a prepared environment for your children so they can become independent individuals. They learn self-care, caring for their environment and caring for others in the classroom.
- Children learn how to be self-sufficient in putting their belongings away
- Shoes, coats, bookbags, lunch boxes and cleaning up after snacks and lunch.
- Children learn how to take care of their environment:
- Watering the plants, washing tables and sweeping the floors.
- Children learn self-care
- Wiping their faces after a meal and washing hands.
- Toileting- pulling up and down their pants on their own
- Putting their shoes, coats, hats, gloves, boots and socks on.
- Being Kind to our friends and all living creatures are taught in our classroom.
Orange Room Teachers
Ms. Andrea Lead TeacherRead More
Hello my name is Andrea Stamper. I have been working at Northstar Montessori for 8 years.
Ms. Cari TeacherRead More
Ms. Cari grew up in Saline and now lives in Dexter. She started her career working with children when she was 18 years old.
Ms. Halley Teacher
Hello my name is Halley (Hay-lee) Semanske. My name comes from Halley’s Comet.
Drop off/Pick Up Information
All parents are asked to sign their child in and out using the computers in the vestibule or the QR code at drop off/pick up point and a personal cell phone.
Drop Off (by 8:45 AM)
- Drop off before 7:45 will be in the lobby,
- Drop off between 7:45-8:30 will be in the Orange Room (2nd door left of the main entrance)
- Parents will sign children in on computers in the vestibule.
- Pick up before 4:00 will be at the in the Orange Room (2nd door left of the main entrance)
- Pick up after 4:00 will be on the playground (back left side)
- Pick up during inclement weather will be at the in the Orange Room (2nd door left of the main entrance)
- At pick up toddlers belongings will be right inside the classroom door.
- Please remember to sign your child out on the computer or with the QR code.