Welcome to the Preschool Magenta Room
Thank you for choosing Northstar Montessori! Our hope is that your child’s time at Northstar will be some of the best memories of their lifetime!
About the Magenta Room
The Learning Environment
A Montessori learning environment is like no other … our main objective at Northstar is to provide a carefully planned, stimulating environment which will help children to develop within themselves the foundational habits, attitudes, skills and ideas essential for a lifetime of creative thinking and learning.
Respect and courtesy in our Montessori school is the foundation for everything we do and each child will soon learn the following important skills:
- how to put their work away where they found it
- how to tidy up after themselves
- the importance of helping a friend in need
- the importance of respecting the materials, the teachers and each other
- how to tuck in their chair when they leave the table
- how to walk in the classroom
- how to be self directed and find their own ‘work’ and most importantly
- how to be independent!
I believe that communication is extremely important, so please feel free to send me a message through the Procare app or Send an Email below.
We look forward to helping your children grow and feel empowered. We are here to nurture, support and guide them each and every day and are committed to making your child’s Montessori preschool experience productive, stimulating and fun! We are honored that you have chosen our school and we are confident that this will be a wonderful year for everyone involved!
Magenta Room Teachers
Ms. Dawn TeacherRead More
Hello! I’m Dawn Weatherholt. I joined the Northstar team in January 2023, and before that I worked at Meadow Montessori in Monroe, MI from 2002-2023.
Ms. Jacqueline Teacher
Drop Off/Pick Up Information
All parents are asked to sign their child in and out using the computers in the vestibule or the QR code at drop off/pick up point and a personal cell phone
Drop off information (by 8:45)
- Drop off before 7:45 will be in the lobby
- Drop off after 7:45 will be on the playground in the back or the child’s classroom
- Children will take their belongings and put them away.
- Parents will sign children in on computers in the vestibule.
Pick up information
- Pick up before 4:00 or during inclement weather will be at the classroom door around back
- Pick up after 4:00 will be on the playground (right side of the back yard)
- Please remember to sign your child out on the computer or with the QR code